Team Manager Corner
Team Managers act as facilitators and mentors for the students on each Destination Imagination team. If you have agreed to manage a team, thank you! Team Managers are our most important volunteers, because we’re counting on you to make sure that your kids gain as much as possible from their DI experience. We’re very pleased to welcome you to our family of more than 38,000 volunteers!
Looking for a document, form, or presentation? We store these files in the NH-DI Library. The Library button at the top of this page provides a quick way to get there. You’ll also find it listed in the “Quick Links” section on this page, along with many other useful links for Team Managers.
Our website has lots of articles that Team Managers will want to read. Here are the most recent:
You’ll find many additional articles on our website listed under the Team Manager Corner category.
- NH Teams: Video Editing Class This Saturday (1/27/2021)
- 2021 Scholarship Information! (1/7/2021)
- The NH-DI Season Opens Nov. 1 – Time to Register! (10/4/2020)
- NH-DI Town Meeting: Plans for 2020-21 (8/27/2020)
- NH-DI Update: Not Done Yet (Hopefully) (3/26/2020)
If you’re still thinking about whether to manage a DI team, please read on! It’s not that difficult, and it will be one of the most rewarding jobs that you will ever have. Our kids can’t do DI unless someone agrees to manage their team! Your team members will always be grateful that you made it possible for them to experience the creative process from imagination to innovation.
You don’t have to be particularly creative or talented to manage a team. That’s because solving the Challenge is the team’s problem, not yours! Only the members of a Destination Imagination are allowed to work on their Challenge solution. Help from non-team members is called Interference, and it’s not allowed. You can learn more about this by reading our explanation of the Interference rules.
You won’t need to set out on this journey on your own, though. NH-DI is ready to help in many different ways:
- Training workshops. NH-DI has a training workshop for new Team Managers where you’ll learn everything you need to know to get started with your team. We also offer workshops for the kids at our annual DIve In Workshop. Check out the Training and Workshops page for more information.
- Articles and other publications. Please take a look at some of the articles on our website listed under the Team Manager Corner category. You’ll find valuable tips on how to get your team started, how to teach Instant Challenge, and much more. The most recently published articles are listed at the top of this page.
- Online discussion group. Would you like to participate in online discussions with your fellow Team Managers? Visit the NH-DI Team Manager Forum to join the conversation!
- Email and telephone support. We are always ready to answer any questions that you might have. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the NH-DI Hotline at (603) 868-2140 or (877) 342-2234. You’ll also find a complete list of everyone that you might need to reach on our Contact Us page.
- One-on-one mentoring. Would you like to have an experienced Team Manager act as your mentor? Just let us know by emailing email@example.com, and we’ll try to put you in touch with one of our veteran Team Managers.
Is there only one DI team from your school or organization? If so, it’s quite possible that you will also need to be the local DI coordinator. Please don’t worry if that’s the case! This job won’t require a lot of extra work when there is only one team. However, you’ll want to visit our Coordinator Corner page to learn more about the responsibilities of a DI coordinator.