How can you reduce the long-term impact of COVID-19 on your child’s mental health and well-being? And more importantly, how can you ensure meaningful educational experiences, so your child doesn’t fall behind?
Destination Imagination (DI) provides a fun, hands-on learning experience for kids and teens that can be done at home or through your school, learning pod, microschool, homeschool, or other alternative learning option. Joining a DI team is one of the best ways for kids to reinforce classroom curricula, and build invaluable life and social skills,
To help keep everyone safe from COVID-19, Destination Imagination’s 2020-2021 Team Challenges are designed to allow teams to maintain social distancing as they work together. Teams will upload videos of their Team Challenge solutions, instead of presenting them live at tournaments.
Many New Hampshire schools and organizations sponsor Destination Imagination teams each year. We have teams from public and private schools, homeschooling groups, and youth organizations. If you think your child might enjoy DI, contact your school to ask about this! If there is an existing DI program, they can put you in touch with your local DI coordinator.
You can also contact NH-DI, and we’ll be happy to either connect you with a local program in your town if there is one, or help you set up a new DI program. It’s not difficult to do this, especially if you’re just starting and will only have one or two teams.
There are many other ways in which NH-DI can help you. Our volunteers can run an online DI information session for interested parents, or ask someone who has started a DI program at their own school to give you a call to answer any questions that you have. So why not send us a quick email, or pick up the phone and give us a call? We’d love to hear from you!
Register your Destination Imagination team
Once you have enough interested students and parents to form a team, the next step will be to register your team.
Step 1: Purchase your Team Kit and assign your Team Manager
- Go to DestinationImagination.org and click on STORE.
- Assign yourself or someone else as the Team Manager to begin the Background Check.
- Click LOGIN from the top menu of DestinationImagination.org to access the DI Resource Area.
- Click the Teams menu item, and then select My Teams.
- Click the pencil icon next to the team to add a Team Manager.
- In the Team Managers box, click the Add Team Manager button.
- You can assign someone as the Team Manager by looking up their email address, or Add New Account if they do not already have a DI (Destination Imagination) account.
- If you aren’t the Team Manager, send the Background Check code to the person you have assigned as the Team Manager. The code(s) can be found on the order screen under Status History once you have paid. Team Managers will need this to claim their pre-paid Background Check. If they don’t have it, they will be prompted to purchase a Background Check separately.
Step 2: Team Manager Background Check
- Based on the email you receive from DI, log into the DI Resource Area to confirm OR create your DI account, read and accept the Code of Conduct (found on the Welcome screen), enter your Background Check code, and click Start Background Check. The Sterling Volunteers website will open for you in a new window.
- Enter the required information at Sterling Volunteers and click the Submit button. Use the same first name, last name and email address used for your DI account.
- Within 1-5 days (depending on your location), you will receive an email from Destination Imagination when your Background Check is complete, and you are cleared to be a Team Manager. The Team Number purchaser will be contacted if you do not clear your Background Check.
- If cleared, you will automatically be added as a Team Manager for any team you have been assigned to by your team’s Purchaser.
Step 3: Download the Program Materials
Once you have been cleared and added as the Team Manager for a team, log into the DI Resource Area.
- View and download all Challenge Materials by going to Documents > View Documents. Don’t forget the Rules of the Road for all rules, procedures and forms and the Roadmap for team meeting activities to help your team succeed.
- Add other Team Managers. Click Teams > My Teams. Click the pencil icon next to the team you want to edit, then Add Team Manager.
- Select your Team’s Challenge and Level. Click Teams > My Teams. Click the pencil icon next to the Team you want to edit. Select the Challenge and Level from the drop-down menus, click the Mark as Chosen Challenge box and don’t forget to enter your Team Name.
- Add Team Members by clicking Teams > My Teams. It is not necessary to enter team members before proceeding to the next step, but you may do so if you wish by clicking on the pencil icon next to the team you want to edit, then Add Team Member.
Step 4: Register with NH-DI
New Hampshire teams must complete their registration by December 15 to avoid late fees.
- You will need to log into DI’s Register Your Team website using your DI user ID and password (the same account you used to log into the DI Resource Area). You’ll see information about the New Hampshire Affiliate Tournament; click the right arrow to begin the registration process.
- To add Team Members, click on the Add Team Members button. This will bring up a screen with a Team Participant Registration link. Share this link with each Team Member’s parent/guardian so they can fill out the form to add the Team Member.
- Register for our Team Manager training workshops. The dates and locations will be posted on our Calendar of Events.
We have a separate page with more detailed step-by-step instructions on how to register for a tournament.
Need help? Write email@example.com.