Each Destination Imagination Challenge is an exercise that socially and intellectually activates students by prompting them to use creativity and teamwork to solve a complex problem.
Click to learn about the two types of Challenges
- Team Challenges are open-ended and multidisciplinary.
- Teams spend several months working on the solution to the Team Challenge of their choice.
- Teams present their solutions at Tournaments.
- Instant Challenges require teams to engage in quick critical thinking.
- At every Tournament, live or virtual, each team will receive an Instant Challenge and the materials with which to solve it.
- The participants must think on their feet by applying appropriate skills to produce a solution, with only a short time in which to work on an Instant Challenge that they have not seen before.
Instant Challenges are performance-based, task-based, or a combination of the two. Although each Instant Challenge has different requirements, all Instant Challenges reward teams for their teamwork and the creativity of their solutions.