Would you like to make your own animated video clips? In this Zoom workshop, we’ll show you how you can create simple animations using inexpensive (or free) software packages.
We weren’t able to cover everything you might want to know in this webinar, but we hope it will help to you see what’s possible, and encourage you to find out more about the software packages shown in the video.
FlipaClip – Cartoon Animation
FlipaClip’s animation tools make frame-by-frame animation easy. For more information about FlipaClip, we have a few suggestions:
- You’ll find a video introduction to FlipaClip at the Visual Blasters main website.
- FAQ at the FlipaClip support site. Click on the General button to see the list of frequently asked questions.
Stop Motion Studio
Stop Motion Studio is designed to help you create stop action movies, with features that include a frame-by-frame editor, a never-get-lost timeline, a magic eraser you can use to remove strings and supports, and a sound editor.
- You can find out more about the features included in Stop Motion Studio at the Cateater website.
- Cateater also has a tutorials page with videos that explain how to use Stop Motion Studio.
- Everybody Dance! This YouTube video demonstrates some of the techniques that animators can use to achieve smooth, graceful movement to the beat of music.
Blender is a free and open source 3D creation suite that supports 3D modeling, rigging, animation, simulation, rendering, compositing and motion tracking, and video editing.
If you’re interested in the types of tools that professional animators use to create the animated movies you watch in theaters, learning to use Blender is a great way to do this without having to spend anything to purchase the necessary software.
- You’ll find brief descriptions of Blender’s most important features on the Blender website.
- Here are two YouTube tutorials to help you get started with Blender:
Snap Camera and Lens Studio
Snap Camera is an application you can install on your PC or a Mac to use Snap Lenses with your own live streams and video chats.
Lens Studio is designed for artists and developers to build augmented reality experiences for hundreds of millions of Snapchatters. You can use this software to create and publish your own Snap Lenses.
- Find out how to download, install, and use Snap Camera on the Snap Camera website.
- Learn more about Lens Studio by visiting the Lens Studio website.
- To see the Snap Lens that was shown in our webinar, click here.
This workshop was created by NH-DI volunteers Craig Richardson and Sarah Richardson. You can find more workshops on our Online Workshops page and in our NH-DI Roundup newsletter.