Here is a collection of some of our online webinars, activities, and workshops:
- Video Editing 101 In this recorded webinar for team members, we show how to edit video clips, and put them together to create a finished video using the OpenShot Video Editor, a free open source video editor that is available for Windows, macOS and Linux. We also demonstrate how to use Snap Camera and Zoom to record video clips that apply costumes and disguises to the person in front of the camera, along with a background image behind them.
- Animation 101 Would you like to make your own animated video clips? In this Zoom workshop, we'll show you how you can create simple animations using inexpensive (or free) software packages.
- Image Editing 101 Everyone knows about "Photoshopped" images, which have been manipulated to put someone's head on another person's body, show someone in a place they've never actually visited, etc. But did you know that you don't need to buy Adobe Photoshop to do this yourself? This recorded webinar will show you how to manipulate digital images using GIMP, a free image editor that's available for Windows, macOS, and Linux.
- Paper and Cardboard Workshop This multipart workshop is all about paper and cardboard! We'll show you how to make your own paper, use origami techniques to fold paper into fun creations, and use recycled cardboard to create sculptures, backdrops, and other kinds of structures.
- Chalk Comic Challenge We'd like to challenge you to create a chalk comic!
- Creating Colors Workshop This multipart workshop is all about color: How our eyes make it possible for us to see in color, how new colors can be created by combining light sources, or mixing paints and dyes together, and the different ways in which animals (and some people) see color.
- Secret Codes Workshop Want to learn how to send secret messages and crack codes? Check out this multipart workshop!
You’ll find many additional activities and workshops in issues of the NH-DI Roundup, our newsletter for parents and team members.