Each Destination Imagination Challenge is an exercise that socially and intellectually activates students by prompting them to use creativity and teamwork to solve a complex problem.
Click to learn about the two types of Challenges
- Team Challenges are open-ended and multidisciplinary.
- Teams spend several months working on the solution to the Team Challenge of their choice.
- Teams present their solutions at Tournaments.
- Instant Challenges require teams to engage in quick critical thinking.
- At every Tournament, live or virtual, each team will receive an Instant Challenge and the materials with which to solve it.
- The participants must think on their feet by applying appropriate skills to produce a solution, with only a short time in which to work on an Instant Challenge that they have not seen before.
Instant Challenges are performance-based, task-based, or a combination of the two. Although each Instant Challenge has different requirements, all Instant Challenges reward teams for their teamwork and the creativity of their solutions.
2023-2024 Challenge Summaries
Technical Challenge: Pinball Heroes
Engineering Challenge: Going the Distance
Scientific Challenge: Blast From The Past
Fine Arts Challenge: In Motion
Improvisational Challenge: So Extra
Service Learning Challenge: Uncharted
Early Learning Challenge: Making a Splash
Instant Challenge2022-2023 Challenge Summaries
2021-2022 Challenge Summaries
2020-2021 Challenge Summaries
2019-2020 Challenge Summaries
2018-2019 Challenge Summaries
2017-2018 Challenge Summaries
2016-2017 Challenge Summaries
2015-2016 Challenge Summaries
2014-2015 Challenge Summaries
2013-2014 Challenge Summaries
2012-2013 Challenge Summaries
2011-2012 Challenge Summaries
2010-2011 Challenge Summaries