For teams looking for a new way to do DI, the 2021 Digital Open is coming! Registered teams will receive the Challenge on October 1, and will then have only 6 weeks to solve a new Challenge that’s flexible enough for any learning environment—virtual, in-person or hybrid. Teams may participate in both the 2021 Digital Open AND the traditional in-person Challenge Experience.
Just like at Global Finals, Digital Open teams will be scored and ranked. Winners will be announced in December, and there will be a virtual showcase for all the teams’ hard work! It’s open to students anywhere in the world, and team members do NOT have to be in the same location.
About the Challenge
Lights, Camera, Action!
- Create and present a Video Presentation based on a Genre Trope from a chosen Film Genre.
- Include a Trope Twist in the story.
- Use lighting techniques to enhance the Video Presentation.
- Design and create a practical effect that enhances the Video Presentation.
- Create and present one Team Choice Element that shows off the team’s interests, skills, areas of strength, and talents.
For more information and instructions on how to register, visit the Digital Open 2021 page on Destination Imagination’s main website.