DIve In is the new name for NH-DI’s annual training workshop for team members, formerly known as Instant Combustion. We’ve changed up the structure from previous years in response to feedback from our DI community!
- Each team will participate in an Instant Challenge workshop that will be differentiated based on experience.
- Teams will also have the opportunity to choose TWO other Skills Workshops from a variety of offerings.
- Team Managers: Don’t miss a SPECIAL session with your Affiliate Challenge Master on understanding your team’s Challenge.
- We will also have a special session for Rising Stars! teams.
- Saturday, January 7, 2017 (Snow date is 1/8).
- Check-in for the morning session will open at 8:45, and that session will end at about 12:40. Check-in for the afternoon session will open at 1:15 and that session will end at about 5:30.
- Southern New Hampshire University, 2500 North River Road, Manchester NH. Click here for a campus map.
We will be offering many different workshops this year! EL and ML teams can break up into as many groups as you have chaperones, and SL teams can break up into as many groups as they’d like. You’ll just need to enter the names of the team members in each group when you complete the workshop preferences form that we’ll send out to registered teams. Regardless of workshop preferences, all teams will be together for the IC workshop.
- Improv: Tools, Tips, & Tricks:Learn some helpful principles of improvisation along with ways to improve your teamwork, creativity, and fast paced critical thinking skills.
- Micro-Controllers Made Easy: Have you ever wanted to learn how to control parts of your DI solution using a computer? This session will get you started with the basics of using programmable micro-controllers to do just that!
- The World’s A Stage: An introduction to the techniques of stage presence and how to make your performance exciting! Students will learn all about how to “work the stage”.
- Pigment of Your Imagination: Come learn about the properties of light, how colors interact, and the impact that colors have on our world!
- From Rubbish To Riches: What is more valuable to a DI Team than gold? Cool junk, of course! Upcycle, repurpose, reuse – take recyclables from trash to WOW!
- Structural Integrity: “Build” on your structure skills, both IC and central. Follow it up with some hands-on practice of your new structure-building knowledge!
- Bust A Move: You don’t need high-tech gadgets to make a move! We’ll share techniques that can be easily modified to create motion in different ways.
- Teams MUST come with 2 adults (one TM may wish to attend a special workshop).
- The registration fee will be $6 for each team member ($8 after 12/30), which will be charged to your NH-DI Online account. There is no charge for Team Managers or adult helpers accompanying the team.
- Wear appropriate clothes to sit on the floor!
- You may bring “light” snacks for your team.
- Questions? Email us at email@example.com, or call the NH-DI Hotline (868-2140 or 877-DI-222-DI).
- Teams must pre-register online. Space is limited! Please register by Friday, December 30, 2016 to avoid a late fee.
- Confirmations will be emailed with additional information and directions. Registered teams will receive an email with a link to an online form that will allow you to enter your workshop preferences.
- SNHU will require a signed release form for each child. You will need to download the form, print out a copy for each team member, and have this signed by their parent or guardian. We will collect the completed forms at check-in.
Step 1: Go to http://www.nh-di.org/online.
Step 2: Create a new account or log into your existing account.
Step 3: Select “register for event” under the Teams menu.
Step 4: Click either the morning DIve In session, or the afternoon DIve In session.
Step 5: Click on Team Member Registration, and enter the required information. Don’t forget to select the number of team members who will be attending!