Wanted: Executive Director for NH-DI
This position has been filled.
New Hampshire’s Incredible Creativity Connection (NHICC) is seeking a new Executive Director / Program Director. NHICC is the nonprofit organization that operates New Hampshire Destination Imagination (NH-DI).
Responsibilities will include leadership of our organization, and its committees and volunteers, along with the promotion of growth and outreach to New Hampshire schools and other organizations. Ongoing communication with board members, team managers, teams, committee chairs, committees, and staff at Destination Imagination headquarters will be an essential part of the job.
Hours will vary considerably depending upon the time of year, and will include some weekend events. The position will require visits to schools and organizations within New Hampshire, and occasional travel outside the state to attend meetings and conferences. Salary will be consistent with nonprofit guidelines and based upon experience.
The total workload over the first year is estimated to be 1500 to 2000 hours. The workload would be more likely to reach the upper end of that range if there is significant growth in our existing programs, or we decide to launch any new programs.
Some of the qualities we are looking for in our new Executive Director are:
- Effective communication skills (both written and oral) to address diverse and varied audiences (students, adults, the education community, volunteers, DI staff, and leaders at our regional and state tourTooltip Textnaments)
- Nonprofit management experience, or experience in coordinating and leading groups of volunteers, that demonstrates that the candidate has:
- The ability to delegate responsibilities
- Good organizational skills with attention to details
- The ability to effectively collaborate with others in decision making
- Good conflict resolution skills
- A high level of energy and stamina
- The ability to use technology efficiently
- Knowledge of the educational system or an educational background:
- Experience working with children, older students, and young adults
- Knowledge of current educational initiatives
- Knowledge of the Destination Imagination program
How to Apply
Please send a resume, along with a single page cover letter that includes a creative response to the following question: How do you see your skills contributing to our organization? The resume and cover letter should be emailed to email@example.com by December 1, 2015.
We are always on the lookout for new programs and continue to refine our current programming for the benefit of the children of New Hampshire.
Destination Imagination is a vibrant, active, and popular educational program for students from kindergarten to college, promoting creative problem solving, teamwork, imagination, and innovation through challenge choices that emphasize theatrical, scientific, technical, structural, and improvisation skills. The challenges for teams of students of all ages include STEM focus, theatrical performance, and the creative arts.
Camp Gottalikachallenge is one of the oldest creativity camps in the United States. Each summer, we welcome campers to six days and five nights of fun along one of New Hampshire’s most beautiful lakes. Our camp program focuses on helping each camper to develop his or her creative potential by honing their creative and critical thinking skills, leadership skills, problem solving abilities, and teamwork.