DIve In is NH-DI’s annual training workshop for team members
- Each team will participate in an Instant Challenge workshop
- Teams can also choose two Skills Workshops from a variety of offerings
- We will also have a special track for Rising Stars teams
- Saturday, January 7, 2023.
- Check-in for the morning session will open at 8:45, and the last morning workshops should end by about 12:20. Check-in for the afternoon session will open at 1:10, and the last workshops should end by about 4:45.
- Teams can choose to attend either the morning or afternoon session, or both.
- Southern New Hampshire University, 2500 North River Road, Manchester NH.
- Register your team HERE.
- Registered teams will receive a map with further details.
IMPORTANT: SNHU will require a signed release form for each child. You will need to download the form, print out a copy for each team member, and have this signed by their parent or guardian. We will collect the completed forms at check-in.
Rising Stars will have a special track planned just for them! This will be offered in the morning only, and there is no need to pick separate sessions — we’ve got you covered!
Take some time to read through the workshop options before you start to register. This will make the process much smoother! Please note that some workshops have “intended audience” information, and some workshops have multiple levels. If you aren’t sure what to pick, we’re happy to help!
- Dumpster DIve: Back by popular demand… In this workshop, we’ll teach you how to get creative with trash items and recycled materials. You’ll leave this workshop knowing how to transform that trash into treasure.
- DIsguises, DIstortions & DIspositions: Your team wrote interesting characters, built your props, and created awesome costumes–now what? Push it to the next level with face paint, body language, and more to fully BECOME your characters!
- Much Ado About Singing: Get ready to hone your skills in storytelling and advancing plot through song and music. Songs and music can help enhance any production, but the most important function of music in a skit or performance is to enhance the production while driving the story itself forward. Having catchy tunes or funny lines is also a plus. In this workshop we’ll learn about how to use song to advance plot and story, and how to make it interesting and entertaining!
- Bust a Move: You don’t need high-tech gadgets to make a move! We’ll share techniques that can be easily modified to create motion in different ways.
- Breaking News: Folding, rolling, tearing, molding, and more! There is so much that you can do with newspaper! In this workshop you’ll learn how to work with newspaper to create some stellar props and costumes!
- Bragging 101: How to Talk to Appraisers: You called time after a great solution. Now what? This workshop will help you learn how to make the most of those few minutes with the appraisers by bragging about what you’ve done. It will also explain how to best use paperwork as a tool to help the appraisers to know what to look for.
- All Together Now: Every DIer knows that teamwork is key to success. But what does teamwork actually look like? In this workshop you’ll learn some fun ways to build a strong team that communicates and works with each other’s strengths, as well as tools to help un-stick your brainstorming.
- Improv 101: Learn some helpful principles of improvisation along with ways to improve your teamwork, creativity, and fast paced critical thinking skills. This is intended for those who have never participated in the improv workshop at DIve In before.
- Improv 201: After learning the basics of improvisation that help your team improve its creative process, this workshop takes those tips and tricks to the next level. This is intended for veterans of improv.
- Tied to DI: Did you know that DI can help you get into college, and succeed in college and beyond? Come learn from alums who have been there about how to best leverage your experiences in DI, and get a little preview of what alumni life could look like! Feel free to come with questions! This is designed for students who are sophomores, juniors, and seniors in High School.
- The registration deadline is January 3rd. We’ll accept late registrations after that deadline if we have room for additional teams, but the most popular workshops might not be available. Register early to ensure that you get your favorites!
- There is no charge for this event.
- Confirmations will be emailed with additional information and directions.
Register your team HERE.
- Teams must be accompanied by at least one adult.
- Wear appropriate clothes to sit on the floor!
- All of these sessions make for a long half-day! There will be a snack break, and your team is encouraged to bring snacks!
- Questions? Email Jenna Caputo and/or Jake Oudheusden
Q. There are too many great options, how can we do more than two workshops?
A. You are welcome to come for the full day! In the morning, you’ll do two workshops and the IC session, and then in the afternoon you can select FOUR blocks of workshops! If you would like to do this, please email email@example.com so that we can ensure that we enroll your team in workshops correctly.
Q. What is the timing for the Rising Stars workshop? Will it line up with the other workshops?
A. The Rising Stars workshop will be offered during the morning only, and will take the full time of the AM session.
Q. Is there a snack break?
A. Yes! Teams should pack food, and there will be a scheduled break halfway through for snacks.
Q. Where should I park? Where will I go first and when?
A. More specifics about location and timing will be sent out closer to the event. Teams will received an individual schedule with workshops and locations upon arrival.
Q. What is the cost to attend DIve In?
A. We are excited to share that DIve in is free for all teams this year!
Q. Will there be opportunities for Team Manager support as we’ve had in past years?
A. This year we will not have designated meeting times for TMs, however our AD Sandra will be on hand to answer any questions you may have, and many of our other volunteers would be happy to answer questions or direct you someone who might know.
Q. What if some team members want to attend but others cannot?
A. You are certainly welcome to come with whatever team members are available. What a great opportunity to make new friends, and bring information back to your team. If the team manager is unable to attend that’s okay too, but another designated adult must remain with the team.
Still have some lingering questions? Reach out to us: