Wade In, our newest team training workshop, is a FUN way for individuals/teams who are new (or next to new) to learn more about Destination Imagination, and gain a basic understanding of important aspects of Destination Imagination:
- Learning to Fail
- Collaboration & Compromise
- Teamwork & Team Building
- Dissecting & Understanding the Challenge
- Instant Challenge
Throughout this workshop, students will participate in enjoyable hands-on, interactive learning sessions, led by veteran Team Managers and DI alumni. Team Managers can observe, take notes, and ask questions about assisting the team through their DI journey.
Wade In is designed for competitive teams. It moves participants through topic-specific sessions to help newer DIers understand the basics of DI, and give them a foundation to build upon throughout the season. Teams and their Team Managers are kept together, so they may remind each other of Wade In skills and discussions as they encounter speed bumps during their DI journey. We believe offering DI basics to participants and their Team Managers together will help everyone enjoy their first DI season.
When: Saturday, October 19, 2019. Check-in opens at 8:30 am, program will start at 9:00 am and should end by about 1:00 pm.
Where: Merrimack Valley Middle School, 14 Allen St, Penacook, NH.
Who: New (or next to new) DIers and their Team Managers (competitive teams only).
Cost: $10 per student ($13 if registered after 10/11). No fee for Team Managers and other adults accompanying the team.
- Teams MUST be accompanied by at least one adult.
- Wear appropriate clothes to sit on the floor!
- A quick, 20-minute snack break will be built into the schedule—participants will be responsible for providing their own snacks and beverages. Please note that NO snacks/beverages will be available to purchase on site.
- Enrollment will limited to 75 students, so you’ll want to sign up as soon as possible (scroll down for instructions on how to register).
- Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the NH-DI Hotline (868-2140).
How to Register
Space is limited, so you must register in advance! To sign up, go to https://nh-di.org/online, log into your existing account or create a new account. Bring up the Teams menu, and select the register for event menu pick. You will see a section labeled My Event Orders that lists your existing event registration orders, and a section labeled View or Add Upcoming events which lists upcoming events (if this is empty, it’s because there are no events for which registration is currently open). Click on the link for the Wade In Workshop, and a page will appear with instructions on how to register.
If you are unable to use the online registration system, you can also register by sending an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Name, phone, and email for each adult
- School or organization
- Name and grade for each kid
Confirmations and directions will be sent to you via email.