Information for Globals-Bound New Hampshire Teams
This page contains important information for the New Hampshire teams that have advanced to Global Finals 2014.
For general information about Team New Hampshire and Global Finals, visit our main Global Finals page.
Friday, April 11: Deadline for T-shirt orders
Monday, April 14: Last date to book seats on the NH-DI Creativity Bus
Friday, April 18: Deadline for placing pin orders
Friday, May 9: Spoil Your Dinner at Nashua High School South
Friday, May 9: Last day to drop off props to be shipped on the NH Prop Truck
Friday, May 9: Ticket orders for the NH Fisher Cats Fundraiser are due back
Getting to Global Finals: The Creativity Bus
One of the best options is NH-DI’s Creativity Bus, which will leave on Monday, May 19 at 6:00 PM (teams should plan to arrive by 5:30 PM). It will arrive in Knoxville at about 1:00 PM on Tuesday. It’s much less expensive than flying! If you’d like to reserve seats on our bus, you’ll want to act right away, because space is limited. We think that this will be a very popular way for both NH and Massachusetts teams to get to Knoxville.
If you decide to fly, Destination Imagination has negotiated travel discounts on Delta and American Airlines for teams traveling to Global Finals 2014. It might also be a good idea to look at flights to nearby cities, such as Nashville or Charlotte, although of course you’d also need to include in your calculations the cost of getting from there to Knoxville.
We have FREE Team NH T-shirts for you and your team, and you can also order additional T-shirts for your parents and supporters.
- Free Team NH T-shirts. NH-DI will provide free T-shirts for two Team Managers and every member of your team. Use the Team T-Shirt Worksheet to tally up your team order, and then enter it using our Team T-Shirt Order Form.
- Supporter T-Shirts. Parents and supporters traveling to Knoxville will also want a NH T-shirt! First, give a copy of the Family T-Shirt Worksheet to each family. Collect all of your supporter T-shirt orders, and then use our Supporter T-Shirt Tally Worksheet to combine the orders from each family. You can then enter your order online using our Supporter T-Shirt Order Form.
T-shirt orders are due back on Friday, April 11.
Pins, Pins, Pins!
Your team will need LOT of pins! Pin trading is an important part of any Global trip, and you won’t want your team members to feel left out (search the Internet for “global pins” and you’ll see what we mean). Every year, some of our teams run out almost immediately, but by that time the most popular pins could be sold out.
We have two Pin Worksheets that you’ll want to use to figure out your pin order:
- Send each team member the link to the Individual Pin Worksheet, or give them a printed copy.
- Next, use the Group Pin Worksheet to combine all your individual orders.
When you are ready to place your order, please enter it online using our NH Pin Order Form. Pin orders must be placed by Friday, April 18.
For more information on pin trading at Global Finals, visit Destination Imagination’s Pin Trading page.
NH-DI Prop Truck
Our prop truck is by far the easiest way to transport your team’s props to Global Finals! It’s only $300, unless your team has an unusually large volume of props. To reserve a space, download and complete our Prop Truck Reservation Form, and send it to Jill.
Spoil Your Dinner
All Globals-bound teams are invited to our annual Spoil Your Dinner party at 5:45 PM on Friday, May 9 at Nashua High School South. This is your opportunity to find out everything you’ll need to know about life at Global Finals. We’ll have lots of ice cream, along with valuable information sessions for team members, parents, and Team Managers. Learn what it’s like from experienced team members and Team Managers who have been to Globals!
Additional Resources: Media Relations Primer
Advancing to Global Finals is big news! By the time you return home from the State Tournament, it’s possible that we will have already received requests for information from media representatives who saw your team listed on our tournament results page. This is why we would like you to complete our Press Information Form right away. Please don’t put this off!
NH Fisher Cats Night and Fundraiser
The NH Fisher Cats will recognize Team New Hampshire – the DI Team Members (and Team Managers) advancing to Global Finals – in an on-field ceremony before the game on Saturday, June 7. The NH Fisher Cats have made discount discounts available as a fundraiser. This was pretty great last year! If your team would like to participate in this event, download our Instructions for Team Managers/Coordinators and our Fisher Cats Flyer.
- Press information form that NH Team Managers should complete right away, because we may receive requests from the press for information about your team.
- DI’s Safety and Security page. This page has a brief overview of the safety and security measures that have been put in place to help ensure the safety of all participants (both adults and kids).
Other Useful Links
- Main NH-DI Global Finals page
- Team New Hampshire page with information about all of our teams
- Official DI Global Finals home page