Team Managers act as facilitators and mentors for the students on each Destination Imagination team. You are our most important volunteers! If you have agreed to manage a team, thank you! Team Managers are our most important volunteers, because we’re counting on you to make sure that your kids gain as much as possible from their DI experience. We’re very pleased to welcome you to our family of more than 38,000 volunteers!
Looking for a document, form, or presentation? We store these files in the NH-DI Library. You’ll find a link to it in the “Quick Links” listed on this page, along with other useful links for Team Managers.
We have also published many more articles that Team Managers might want to read. Here are the most recent:
- Appraiser Training Scheduled (1/1/2018)
- DIve In! Team Member Training: Register Now! (11/23/2017)
- New Team Manager Training Coming Up (Again) (10/28/2017)
- New Team Manager Training Saturday 10/28 (10/20/2017)
- Hold These Dates! (You too) (10/16/2017)
If you’re still thinking about whether to manage a DI team, please read on! It’s not that difficult, and it will be one of the most rewarding jobs that you will ever have. Our kids can’t do DI unless someone agrees to manage their team! Your team members will always be grateful that you made it possible for them to experience the creative process from imagination to innovation.
You don’t have to be particularly creative or talented to manage a team. That’s because solving the Challenge is the team’s problem, not yours! Only the members of a Destination Imagination are allowed to work on their Challenge solution. Help from non-team members is called Interference, and it’s not allowed! You can learn more about this by reading our explanation of the Interference rules.
You won’t need to set out on this journey on your own, though. NH-DI is ready to help in many different ways:
- Training workshops. NH-DI has a multiple training opportunities for both new and veteran team managers. We also offer workshops for the kids at our annual Instant Combustion Workshop. Check out the Training and Workshops page for more information.
- Articles and other publications. Please take a look at the articles listed under the Team Manager Corner category. Here you’ll find valuable tips on how to get your team started, how to teach Instant Challenge, and much more! The most recently published articles are listed at the top of this page.
- Online discussion group. Would you like to participate in online discussions with your fellow Team Managers? Visit the NH-DI Team Manager Forum to join the conversation!
- Email and telephone support. We are always ready to answer any questions that you might have. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the NH-DI Hotline at (603) 868-2140 or (877) 342-2234. You’ll also find a complete list of everyone that you might need to reach on our Contact Us page.
- One-on-one mentoring. Would you like to have an experienced Team Manager act as your mentor? Just let us know by emailing email@example.com, and we’ll try to put you in touch with one of our veteran Team Managers.
Is there only one DI team from your school or organization? If so, it’s quite possible that you will also need to be the local DI coordinator. Please don’t worry if that’s the case! This job won’t require a lot of extra work when there is only one team. However, you’ll want to visit our Coordinator Corner page to learn more about the responsibilities of a DI coordinator.