The goal of Destination Imagination is to help students learn how to apply their creativity, while building teamwork and learning problem-solving techniques. These life skills are a distinct advantage in any field that the student eventually chooses to pursue.
Each year, NH-DI provides training workshops for Team Managers, Appraisers, and team members.
Are you a Team Manager? If so, NH-DI’s training will help you learn how to work with your team. They’re a fun way to learn new things that you can also apply at work and at home. Each year, we hold two workshops for Team Managers:
- New Team Manager Workshop. In this workshop, we will walk new Team Managers through everything that they need to know in order to have a successful season! We offer this training workshop twice each season, once in the early fall and again at the Team Manager Café. For more details about the New Team Manager Workshop, click here.
- Team Manager Café. This workshop is designed for veteran Team Managers who would like to learn advanced techniques for working with their teams. The various sessions offered at this workshop change each year, so if you haven’t been to training in a while, please check out this year’s list. For more details about the Café, click here.
In January, NH-DI will hold its DIve In workshop for teams (formerly known as Instant Combustion). Your team can join hundreds of other kids from all over NH for a day of workshops, Instant Challenge practice, and more.
How to Register for Training
The preferred registration method is to visit NH-DI Online. You will need to log into your existing account, or create a new account by clicking on the link on the login page.
To sign up, go to http://www.nh-di.org/online, log into your existing account or create a new account. Bring up the Teams menu, and select the register for event menu pick. You will see a section labeled My Event Orders that lists your existing event registration orders, and a section labeled View or Add Upcoming events which lists upcoming events (if this is empty, it’s because there are no events for which registration is currently open).
Click on the link for the event, and a page will appear with instructions on how to register for that event. If you are registering for our New Team Manager Workshop, please make sure you click on the link for the correct date..
If you are unable to use the online registration system, you can also register by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information for each attendee:
- Name, phone number, and email (if available)
- School or organization
- Event they are registering for
- For the New Team Manager Workshop: Whether they are managing a Rising Stars team or a competitive team.
- For the Team Manager Café: Whether they will be attending New Team Manager training, or the other workshops offered at the Cafe
- For the DIve In Workshop: The number of team members who will be attending
Team Manager Training
- New Team Manager Training: Saturday, October 29, 2016 from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm at Pembroke Academy in Pembroke.
- ALL Team Manager Café: Saturday, November 12, 2016 from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm at Merrimack Valley Middle School in Penacook.
- Regional Challenge Master training: Saturday, January 14, 2017 at Hooksett Memorial School.
- Appraiser Training (South): Saturday, January 28, 2017 at Pennichuck Middle School in Nashua.
- Appraiser Training (North): Saturday, February 11, 2017 at Merrimack Valley Middle School in Penacook.
Team Member Training
- DIve In Workshop: January 7 at SNHU
Find out more about upcoming NH-DI sponsored events on our Calendar of Events page.